Well, we got the results of the blood test back. This is how the test works (as far as I understand it): they take a sample of blood, expose it to the offending allergen, then measure the immunoglobulin response to the allergen. Her dairy levels haven't changed, but her egg levels have decreased dramatically. In fact, they gave her the lowest possible rating for egg reactivity. So, we can start introducing foods with egg in them, then if that goes well, I can try an actual egg. They also think she'll be completely over her allergies by kindergarten. Hooray!
I slacked off over Thanksgiving and let her have mashed potatoes that had butter and other yummy dairy products in them, along with rolls that were made with milk and butter. That turned out to be a bad idea. Her skin is less reactive, but she's had tummy problems since then. Poor thing!
2 comments:
I'm so relieved that her allergies are getting better. That has got to make life a little easier...
anyhoo, I got my green drink recipe from Dr. OZ.
(You know me and Dr. Oz; We're like this)
2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber
1 head of celery
1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
1 bunch parsley
2 apples
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon
This makes a lot. I usually use 1 apple, 1 cucumber, a handful of parsley 1 celery stalk...you just have to experiment with combinations and see what you like.
It's a great drink. I swear it's kept me healthy while everyone around me is dropping like flies.
enjoy!
I'll have to give it a try. I've been on a post Thanksgiving detox, trying to eat mostly raw, and I figured a yummy green drink would help. Thanks!
Post a Comment