Thursday, November 15, 2007

Allergy test results

Eliana had her annual trip to the allergist today. They performed a skin test to see if she is still allergic to eggs and dairy products. The good news is that her skin reacted far less than a year ago. The bad news is I still have to go to Primary Children's Hospital to get blood-work done. If her levels come back as low as the skin test suggests, we should be able to begin introducing dairy products and foods made with eggs (though probably not actual eggs or a glass of milk). I also should be able to rest a bit easier when other kids are eating food and trying to share with her, and I might get to leave my epi-pen at home. Overall it was a pretty positive visit. Eliana was happy because she got two suckers out of the deal.

1 comment:

Megan said...

glad you got some good news. I hope it gets better! It would be life changing...and one less thing to think about with another male zitting coming into the household...you'll need to be worrying about explosions in the garage...not what she's eating...hehehe, do you know anything about jobs yet?