Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ian's graduation from basic training

So, I'm blogging about something I didn't actually attend, but I'm excited about these pictures. My mom, dad, and Lauren headed to San Diego, CA on Wednesday for Ian's graduation from the Marine Corps basic training. Here's my dad, looking proud:
The back of my mom's head as she awaits a glipse of Ian.
Members of Ian's platoon in the "motivational run."
Standing at attention.
Part of the Thursday night ceremony.

Here are some before/after pictures of our recruit (now private first class)
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
Before:
After: (we'll have to get an equivalent shirtless picture when he comes up here for a visit-- hee hee)
I think Ian has his mouthfull in this picture. I'm guessing this is from the branch picnic for the families and their recruits.
A sweet hummer with marine decorations.
I'm hoping to post more pictures of Ian soon. Until then, this will have to do.


2 comments:

Lisa W Davis said...

Shauna,
Those before and after pictures are hilarious! I am so glad you got those good pre-basic training pics - what a difference! Love, Mom

Johnny said...

That's so cool that Ian enlisted with the Marines. We wish him luck. Military service has been great for us so far. I'm sure he'll have a great time.