Monday, July 30, 2007

Funny phrases

I thought I'd take a moment to record some of the cute and funny things Eliana is saying lately.
1. Deal making. A while back she started this negotiation tactic--Eliana: "Mommy, chocolate!"
me: "you can have one chocolate chip." Eliana: "One, two!" Now she moved on to more sophisticated arguements. Eliana: "Mommy, I want candy." Me: "You can have some later." Eliana: "First, lunch--then, candy."

2. Singing. She loves to sing songs. Her favorites right now are "Oobie Doobie," "You are my sunshine," "Popcorn popping," "Twinkle Twinkle," and any signing time songs.

3. Using first names. She calls me "shauna" when she wants to get my attention or really, really wants something. She calls her dad "darryl" when she's looking for him, and she's recently started calling my mom "lisa." It's pretty funny.

4. Varying songs. She wants me to sing songs fast, slow, loud, quiet, etc. She usually starts to shout commands partway through the song. She also likes to put in different words (usually names or things repeated over and over; e.g. doggie doggie, gama gama, owie owie)

1 comment:

MarciaAnne said...

How cute! Wish I could get out there and see you, and meet Eliana.