Saturday, December 10, 2011

If you want to destroy my sweater...

I had that song running through my head for a good portion of this project.  My first knitting project: a scarf. Second: this sweater.  It was a lot of fun and very do-able, thanks to the internet and my good friend Beka. I also have to thank Eliana for believing I could do something so crafty.  She was so confident I could learn how to make a sweater that I didn't want to let her down.  

Though when Darryl was saying, "Isn't that cool that mommy made a sweater all by herself?" She was quick to add, "well, she had A LOT of help from Beka." Too true :)  Thanks, Beka.  I really enjoyed the excuse to hang out.  I have a new project now, so maybe I'll come over sometime soon?  That is, if you're not too sick of me:)


7 comments:

Beka said...

It looks like it fits her perfectly! I really didn't do much more than offer advice...you did it all, girl! It looks beautiful! And having her proud of you makes it all worth it. I'm proud of you too.:)

Beka said...

And I, for one, have no intention of destroying your sweater.

Shelly said...

I want to learn some time... Nice job. Did Eliana get to pick the color?

shaunita said...

yes she did! :) Once she got over her initial disappointment that the sweater would not be finished the same day she picked out the yarn, she was pretty patient.

Jana said...

I've never heard that song, but the sweater is beautiful! I recently learned to knit, too, but so far I only do washcloths and scarves and other things that don't have to fit someone. :) You've inspired me to try a sweater.

Jamie said...

Wow! Great job! I feel like sweaters are only things that industrial looms make. No real people still make them! Wahoo!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

It turned out so nice! I've always wanted to learn to crochet....just never got around to it!