Friday, December 9, 2011

Darryl's birthday

I realized I had better get cracking if I'm going to have a prayer of keeping up with December events.  Yesterday was Darryl's 33rd  birthday.

We started the day with presents.  Then my parents brought over a delicious lunch from Smashburger (their black bean veggieburger is pretty good), since Liz was too sick to take out to lunch.  They also brought Darryl's present: the tiniest, lightweight handgun I've ever seen.  After that, Darryl went out trial's riding with his brother Danny.  We then went out to dinner with some friends.  We ended the evening with a healthy chocolate cake (1/2 whole wheat flour, vegan, no refined sugar) with raspberry sauce.  It was tasty.

So this may be proof of my unraveling mind, but I thought it was really cool  that Darryl's age is a multiple of the year (33 in 11), and even cooler that they're both palindromes.  I don't think that will happen again (Shelly, am I right?).  Also, Darryl is his mother's 13th child, and we had 13 people (coincidentally....I'm not THAT crazy yet) at dinner.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm sorry we missed it! I hope you guys had a great time at dinner!

Shelly said...

I think it should happen again. In '22, he'll be 44 right? It should happen every 11 years for him (and other people of his birth year +/- 11 years). Maybe I'm missing something?

Shelly said...

Wait, I guess only in 2022. After that they won't be multiples of each other, they'll only be both multiples of 11...

shaunita said...

Riiight...that makes sense. :)