Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tying up loose ends

I'm having surgery tomorrow. Nothing super scary, just a procedure to drain my sinuses and open the drainage-ways. BUT, I am prone to anxiety. I am currently DRIVEN to finally blog about little things that have been kicking around my brain so I can relax and (hopefully) get some sleep tonight.

Story number 1: The other day Will was saying over and over again to Darryl, "Dad, kiss yourself. Dad, kiss yourself. Dad, kiss yourself" and on and on. Finally, Darryl (who had been trying to have a conversation with me) said, "Will, shut-up!" Will froze in his tracks and geared up for his big-mouthed cry, then with tears streaming down his face said, "Dad, I'm going to call the police and they will take you to jail!" Then he put Darryl in time-out. Eliana tried to release him after 5 seconds, but Will wouldn't have it, "NO! He's not DONE yet!" When he felt Darryl had done enough time, he went in to talk to him about how we don't use mean words with each other.

Story number 2: Darryl took the kids to buy fish from the pet store for a special outing. They picked out glo-fish. Eliana named hers "Ava" and Will chose to name his fish "William Charles Zitting." Darryl talked with them about how fish often die quickly, etc. Well, that same night after the kids were in bed, little Ava was swimming in circles upside-down. Not a good sign. Sure enough, by morning she was floating at the surface, and William Charles (the fish) was dead as well (alas, his tail fin got caught in some rocks so he could not join his tank-mate in the customary position). When Darryl broke the news to the kids and asked if they wanted to bury them Eliana said, "No, that'd be gross."
D:"Well, what should we do with them?"
E: "Throw them in the garbage."
Will: "Oh! I know! We should make a gun that shoots dead fish!"

Okay, I think I can go to sleep now. :)

No comments: