Last week we had a couple of experiences with prayer that I wanted to record. One day I realized that Will had snuck outside while I thought he was in his room playing. I looked around out front, in the neighbor's garage and across the street. I called his name and he didn't answer. I went back inside to make sure he was hiding somewhere in there and asked Eliana if she knew where he was. "We should say a prayer!" was her answer. We paused to say a prayer, then resumed the search. Eliana returned 5 seconds later with Will in tow. "I heard him crying around the side of the house! Heavenly Father helped me find him." She then suggested we say another prayer of thanks.
The very next day her bike tire was flat and I couldn't see the pump in the garage. After about 10 seconds of looking she said, "Mom, Heavenly Father knows where it is. Let's say a prayer." I was sure I could find it myself and was hesitant to pester Him again, but I knew she was right. Again we said a prayer. Right after the prayer I had a thought to check the case on Darryl's trailer. Sure enough, there it was. Prayer saved me a lot of looking.
I'm so glad that we can pray about all things, small and large, and I'm glad for experiences like these that remind me that we are not alone.
3 comments:
I like your prayer stories!
That brought a little tear to my eye...thanks for sharing.
your children have learned well-- probably by example.
I still haven't found my passport though. Sometimes even prayer can't rescue something that has been swallowed up by the black vortex.
Post a Comment