Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bike ride

Yesterday Darryl and I decided to hook up the bike trailer and go exploring. We wanted to check out a bike path that starts by our house. Two of our bikes had flat tires, so Darryl pulled the kids using my mountain bike, and I rode on my beach cruiser (one gear and pedal brakes). We had to maneuver our bikes around a construction sites, down a dirt hill, over a rock field, and across a plank before we finally got to the path (I'm not exaggerating). The path wove around next to the river, providing a scenic view of fields, industrial buildings, and creepy dumping grounds. Just a short ways down the trail there was a barricade explaining that the trail was closed due to construction. So, we hiked up to the road and decided to see if we could find where the trail links up. We managed to find another trail, but it didn't look like it would connect. We ended up making the Maverick our final destination, bought the kids treats, and headed for home. It was a lot of fun, but it gave me a renewed appreciation for gears and hand brakes. I felt like a little kid again trying to get my bike up the big hills by my house. :)

No comments: