Darryl went backpacking this weekend with some brothers and friends, so I took the kids to Pine Valley. I made empanadas to celebrate 18 de septiembre--they turned out pretty well. I experimented with using chicken instead of beef. And I forgot the olives. Oops! Ian drove down from Provo with a friend and they stayed over at the cabin with us.
The next day my parents drove up along with Grandpa Duane and Grandma Betty. The kids loved playing with grandparents, uncles and friends. I always feel better after going to the mountains.
I'll try to get Darryl to post about his trip when he gets home. Don't hold your breath, though, Darryl barely has any time to get on the computer these days.
2 comments:
I'm probably an ignoramus, but why does the 18th of September get a special celebration?
18 de septiembre is akin to our Fourth of July for Chilenos. It marks the start of Chilean independence. It's a huge celebration in Chile. People party for a week straight--and really, it's like Christmas, in that the whole month is spent gearing up for the holiday. I love a good excuse to party, so I've continued the tradition here.
Post a Comment