Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Waiting Game

Well, baby could come at any time.  Bonnie and Ingrid came down so they can help out.  On Monday, Dr. Thompson stripped my membranes (I was 3 cm dilated), and I went walking around, but nothing really happened.  On Tuesday he did it again (I am not a fan) and later that evening I started having regular contractions while out with Megan and Shelly.  I met my mom and Ingrid at labor and delivery.  I walked around the temple for a while, then we went in to get checked.  I was now at 5 cm dilated, but the baby was still really high.  We walked around for another hour or so while I was being monitored, but she still didn't descend at all, so I decided to go home.

I didn't want to go to church today, because I hate having everyone ask about the baby when I'm already frustrated she's not here yet, but I needed to play the organ so I sucked it up and went.  I'm glad I did.  They talks were about submitting to the will of the Lord and trusting in Him and His timing!  Now Ingrid and Bonnie are leaving and Dr. Thompson went out of town and came back.  But it will all work out, I'm sure.

No comments: