Monday, March 31, 2014

Thirty-five

By the time my birthday rolls around, I am usually so worn out from Will's birthday that I just want to be lazy.  Darryl took the day off work for a surprise gift to me.  It was so nice to have him around all day.  My first present came a week early: Darryl planted beautiful grape vines against the back wall of our house and put in a drip line to water them.  I love seeing green against the wall.  

My next present was this awesome interview Darryl recorded with the children:

Why we love Mommy  3/2014
Lizzy
Daddy: Why do you love Mommy? 
Liz: Because she is my best mommy in the world.
Daddy: Why does Mommy love you?
Liz: Because I am her best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best sister in the world.
Daddy: What is Mommy’s job? 
Liz: She works on her computer then she goes to your work, Daddy.  And she claps her hands when I sing my music, and she makes sure nobody grab my pink sleepy away. 
Daddy: What is Mommy’s favorite thing to do? 
Liz: Giving me hugs.
Daddy: What makes Mommy happy?
Liz: Giving me hugs.
Daddy: What makes Mommy sad?
Liz: Punching and hitting her, then she puts me in timeout and when I am done I forgive her.  But now Mommy is trapped out there facing the wild (stated with sincere concern and sadness).
Daddy: When Mommy leaves in her car, where does she go?
Liz: She goes to church, she goes to Chinese.
Daddy: How old do you think Mommy is?
Liz: Eight.
Daddy: How tall do you think Mommy is?
Liz: Big!
Daddy: What do you think it will be like when the new baby is born?
Liz: I will teach that baby to drink ba-bas and water and to give the dishwasher treats.
Daddy: What do you do for Mommy? 
Liz: Give her hugs. 
What else?
Liz: Ummmmmm, play with her.
Daddy: What does Mommy do for you?
Liz: Eat food with me.
What else?
Liz: Ummmm, (chomp, chomp, chom, chomp) She snuggles me and reads me a book.
Daddy: What do you want to say to her for her birthday?
Liz: Happy birthday
Anything else?
Liz: Ummm, yes I love my mommy.
William            
Daddy: Why do you love Mommy? 
Will: Because she‘s sweet and kind and because I love her.
Daddy: Why does Mommy love you?
Will: Because she loves me too.
Daddy: Why?
Will: I’m her family.
Daddy: What is Mommy’s job?
Will: To make us food and watch us and hire babysitters for us.
Daddy: What is Mommy’s favorite thing to do? 
Will: Play with us.
Daddy: What makes Mommy happy?
Will: No fighting.
Daddy: What makes Mommy sad?
Will: Lots of fighting.
Daddy: When Mommy leaves in her car, where does she go?
Will: To bunko and to the store to get us food.
Daddy: How old do you think Mommy is?
Will: As old as you.
Daddy: Guess a number.
Will: 17 no 54 no wait 46, yeah that’s all.
Daddy: How tall do you think Mommy is?
Will: One stool and a half taller than me.
Daddy: What do you think it will be like when the new baby is born?
Will: Fun; I think the baby will be really chubby.
Daddy: What do you do for Mommy?
Will: I do chores, help her clean, load the dishwasher, that’s all.
Daddy: What does Mommy do for you?
Will: She makes me food. She watches me and she had me.
Daddy: What do you want to say to her for her birthday? 
Will: Happy birthday.
Anything else?
Will: Ummm, good morning?
Eliana
Daddy: Why do you love Mommy? 
Eliana: Because she‘s nice and kind and loving.
Daddy: Why does Mommy love you?
Eliana: Because I bring joy into her life.
Daddy: What is Mommy’s job?
Eliana: To teach us to learn the gospel and her real job is to teach piano lessons.
Daddy: What is Mommy’s favorite thing to do? 
Eliana: Play with her kids.
Daddy: What makes Mommy happy?
Eliana: When we don’t fight.
Daddy: What makes Mommy sad?
Eliana: When we fight.
Daddy: When Mommy leaves in her car, where does she go?
Eliana: To take us to school.  To go someplace quiet and to go to the store.
Daddy: How old do you think Mommy is?
Eliana: 34
Daddy: How tall do you think Mommy is?
Eliana: I don’t know! How tall are you? 6 feet. So maybe like 5 feet.
Daddy: What do you think it will be like when the new baby is born?
Eliana: Awesome and joyful and giggly
Daddy: What do you do for Mommy?
Eliana: Well, sometimes I clean up the kitchen and I give her hugs and kisses and I say I love you.
Daddy: What does Mommy do for you?
Eliana: A lot of things!!
Daddy: What do you want to say to her for her birthday? 
Eliana: Happy birthday, I love you, you are a great mom.

I went to lunch at Mad Pita with my parents, Lauren, Darryl and Liz (Will and Eliana were at school).  Then I went shopping with my mom and Lauren.  My mom bought me some new maternity clothes (badly needed).  Darryl bought me the movie Frozen (per my request).  I was still so full from lunch that I didn't feel like dinner, but we took the kids to Jimmy John's so I didn't have to cook.  Darryl made me a delicious fruit salad and Ian and Kim came over to enjoy it with us.  We still had leftover cupcakes from Will's party for the kids.

No comments: