Monday, October 14, 2013

Poe Party



So my dear friend Angie Moore decided to move across the country to Maryland for her husband (and also dear friend) Dan's new job.  Shelly and I decided to take a trip to visit her for her annual Poe Party.  We had so much fun.  We caught a red-eye flight to MD and then drove the rental car to Angie's lovely home.  We were so tired, we actually fell asleep in the car when we arrived!  We ate some breakfast, showered and visited a bit before we headed to Baltimore with Angie and Deb.  We went to a home where Poe lived with his aunt/mother-in-law, ate some yummy food, and visited Poe's final resting place in an appropriately creepy old cemetery.  We drove back to Angie's house and enjoyed a wonderful discussion of a short story along with delicious food.  The next day, we got to visit with Ron and Janine, who happened to be at a book convention blocks away from Dan and Angie's house.  Then we drove into DC to visit Mike and Rebecca Hansen.  They had a lovely meal prepared for all of us, and games prepared for the kids (theirs and the Moore's).  It was great to catch up with them.  Shelly and I then drove to the airport and flew home.  It was super fun.  I love to travel, and wish I could do so more often.  Since I'm so awesome (I'm going to lay the blame on exhaustion), I failed to take any pictures of actual people on the trip!

No comments: