Sunday, April 8, 2012

Trip to Grandma Great's House




My cousin Erika and aunt Anne were in Provo for Easter, so my mom, the kids and I drove up to visit with them.  We had a great time.  We stayed at Grandma Beth's house, which is so much fun for the kids.  They played at the country store, in the cubby under the stairs, stared at all the treasures in the parlor, dressed up in Grandma's vintage clothes collection, and of course had a tea-party.

I can't believe Grandma is 90.  She looks and acts much younger.  She was running up and down stairs, playing on the floor with kids, hiking up in the woods above her home, doing aerobic exercises and stretches in the mornings, phew! I hope I'm doing as well if I get to live that long.

The kids were showered with gifts.  Grandma gave Eliana a silver tea set and Will a toy gun and toy motorcycle.  Aunt Bonnie gave them coloring books, crayons, easter eggs and stuffed animals.

We went to lunch at Brick Oven with Anne, Erika, Billy, Gwynneth, Bonnie, Gma Betty-Jo, & Gma Beth.  We went to Lara's house to visit with her before she left for AZ for the long week-end.  She made some divine pop-corn in a large kettle.  I still dream of it. We went to Carls Jr. so the kids could burn some energy (it actually snowed while we were in Provo!) and invited cousin Zina to come along.  We went to a Good Friday event to see Andi and partake of her amazing bread.  Eliana proclaimed it the best bread in the whole world.  I agree.

We sorted through many things belonging to my grandpa Scott, along with some other family treasures.  I love hearing all the stories and memories old objects invoke.

I love having my grandmothers around.  They are such wonderful people and examples to me in so many ways.

No comments: