Sunday, February 12, 2012
Tough Kids
Will and Eliana participated in their first bike race on Saturday. It was put on by St. George city, and was a lot of fun. They raced around the run-way of the old airport. Will was in the 2-3 yr old division and was way bigger than most of the kids he raced against. He easily won the race. I was proud that he did his best and was gracious to the other children.
Eliana was in the 6-7 yr old division, so was one of the youngest. Two of the girls had awesome bikes that had gears and everything. Eliana and another little girl both had D.I. bikes. She raced hard and came in just ahead of the other girl with a non-fancy bike. I was most proud of her deciding to race the second heat even when she was tired (she had to go around the track 2 times for each heat).
They loved getting all the racing swag. Eliana wants to do a kid triathlon later this year. I'm glad they had a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment