Friday, February 4, 2011

Three weeks




I'm writing this post from the hospital. Elizabeth was admitted yesterday for RSV. It's been so hard to see my baby get poked and prodded, etc., but I'm really grateful to have good medical care available.

Eliana and William have handled this situation really well. I hate being away from them so much, but since they (and Darryl) have been sick, we have to minimize contact.

Grandma Betty-Jo just happened to be in town this week, which has been such a blessing. Also, it's been nice to have Darryl working from home so he can hold down the fort while I'm stuck here at the hospital.

Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes, everyone. I really appreciate all the kind responses and notes we've gotten over the past couple of days.

On a less distressing note, Elizabeth is growing well. She weighs 10 lbs 14 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long.

3 comments:

lara said...

Love you guys! We're thinking of you and praying for you.

Jamie said...

So sorry to hear about it!! Hope you guys can come home soon.

MandB said...

Yikes, what a trial! I hope everyone gets well very soon!