Saturday, January 15, 2011

Meet Elizabeth Claire

She's here!!!!! Elizabeth Claire was born Thursday night (1/13/11) at 11:04 p.m. weighing 8 lbs., 13 oz. She is 21 inches long. This picture captures her chubbiness well.
Here I am just before heading to the hospital. I have no idea why I am making such a weird face.

Here is Darryl. His face means something along the lines of, "I can't believe you are going into labor now. It's time for sleep." We got to the hospital around 10:00 p.m., so I'm glad he came with me, despite the late hour. :)






And here she is getting ready for the drive home. We got to leave the hospital at 6 p.m. Friday (1/14/11), thanks to an efficient nurse who managed to get all the discharge mumbo jumbo done before the shift change. Props to her.
My next post will document her birth, so stay tuned (if you like details) or skip (if all you care to know has already been revealed).




4 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations! She's gorgeous! I can't believe you got there at 10, had the baby an hour after arriving, and went home 19 hours later. You are one tough cookie. Props to YOU.

EG said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations Zitting fam!!

Anonymous said...

Awe, she's beautifully chubby, congrats again guys!

Yukiko said...

Congratulations Darryl and Shauna! She's beautiful!