Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo..."

"...I'm never sure what it's all about..."

Today I found myself with several tomatillos, cilantro and a jalapeno pepper on hand so I couldn't resist making this salsa verde (from The World Vegetarian cookbook).
The kids were playing so nicely that I decided to try my hand at making queso blanco using a recipe from the same cookbook.

This is mere seconds after I added the vinegar to the milk.
The author actually suggests using a clean dish towel first and lists cheese cloth as an option if a towel is not available.



My cheese!


And here's what I came up with for dinner.

I'll post the recipes on my health blog. Probably not until next week, though, since we're going camping tomorrow.




3 comments:

EG said...

Ohhhh....looks so tasty.

Mary said...

Nice work! I'll have to try le fromage blanc.

The Johnsons said...

You just don't let food or recipes intimidate you. If a recipe has too many steps or unfamiliar items/procedures, I pass it right by. And I can see that I am missing out!