We had some friends and family over to celebrate mardi gras on the 16th. I made red beans and rice and shrimp spaghetti. My mom made jambalaya and the king cakes. The kids made costumes out of paper grocery bags and had a great time having a parade around the living room. Bennett and Jocelyn were appointed the king and queen of mardi gras.


Eliana wanted a dress, not just a vest like everyone else. Luckily, Darryl was willing and able to make her this little beauty:

Here is the king cake. My mom made a cream cheese filling this year that was oh so good. The other food got eaten before I remembered to take pictures.
3 comments:
Cute pictures.
Web hosting india
I love this idea. I never thought about actually celebrating mardi gras, but I am always looking for more reasons to have parties!
Hey, I am coming into town tomorrow (Feb 23) for about a week, just Anna and I. I would love to do something with you!
This party was excellent. I'm so glad we were able to make it. Thanks again for having us. The food was delicious, and Bennett still cherishes his crown and his paper sack. He wanted to wear the sack to school. It took some convincing to get him to see that it wasn't the best idea.
Post a Comment