Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Carseat Conversations

...This time between siblings.

Today Will and Eliana were having a feud that had the potential to last for generations. It all started because Eliana got a sucker from her preschool teacher as was leaving class. Will, of course, wanted one too, but since I have yet to master the art of fabricating dumdums out of the Ether, there was little to be done. Here's how it shook down:

W: SUCK-UH!!!
E: NO!! It's mine. You can't have it
W: SUCK-UH!!!
E: NO!! You get NOTHING!
W: HIYAA! (luckily his kick did not make contact, since they were both strapped in car-seats)
E: WAAAAAAAA! (crying as if she had really been kicked as brutally as he intended) FINE! You are never ever getting a sucker!
W: WAAAAAAAA! HIYAAA!
E: WAAAAAAAA!! (here, she decided to launch a missile attack, since other physical force was limited. Luckily, all she could find was a stuffed animal)
W: WAAAAAAAAA! (wailing and reeling from the missile offensive) HIYAA! (since he's not yet two, his weapons and strategy are a bit limited)
E: WAAAAAAAAAA! (apparently, just as effective, though)

Here I intervened. I finally was able to make sure I could say something without laughing. I told them that whoever said anything else mean (including hiyaas) would get a timeout in the car when we got home. It worked. Peace was achieved, and they haven't had any more problems today. If only the Israeli-Palestinian conflict could be resolved so easliy.

8 comments:

Mary said...

That's awesome. I'm seriously laughing out loud! "Hiyaaa!!"

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! Hilarious

Jennifer Darger said...

"You get NOTHING!" I love that line from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

Rachael said...

YOu gave me a good laugh. Oh, what I have to look forward to. Maybe Anna will be just as eloquent with her "Hiyaaahhhs"

Beka said...

Yes, he will make a burley man someday:). That's awesome! ps I'm really looking forward to chior tonight!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Just catching up with your posts, I've missed so much!

Rachel Doyle said...

I wish that would work on my two renegades.

Kaje said...

Love this!