Monday, November 23, 2009

Must...post...Halloween pictures...before...Thanksgiving!

My computer has been out for the count for the last little while. It was getting slower and slower...having a hard time "remembering" things, as it were. We finally had to get as much stuff as we could off the computer before erasing it all and starting over. We also added some extra RAM. Sigh. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Anyway, I haven't dared upload my pictures until now. So here's a bit about Halloween. More post to follow. Just think of it as a little trip back in time.

We had a lot of fun this year for Halloween. Only some of the events got documented with pictures. Here's the run-down. First, the kids had a party at a friend's house. Eliana showed up as Dora the Explorer (thanks to a costume we borrowed from another friend). She was cute. I wish I had a picture. Will refused to dress up for that one.

Next came Eliana's class party/trunk-or-treat. She dressed up as Dora there as well. Will wore his Diego costume for 2 seconds.

A day or so later our ward had a trunk-or-treat. Eliana came as Dora, then transformed into a ladybug (also not pictured) when the party moved outside (I purchased a pullover ladybug outfit from DI a few years ago for $3. I was glad I had it, since her costume had short sleeves). Will dressed as Boots (using Eliana's old monkey costume and some snow boots. I know, I'm cheap).

On Halloween proper, we went to the Rec. Center for a carnival, then to my parents' neighborhood for a trunk-or-treat (where I finally took some pictures). Eliana decided she wanted to dress up as Alice, from Alice in Wonderland. I didn't have an Alice costume, but she was not to be deterred. She found a Cinderella princess dress, then put my apron on over the top. I don't really care what my kids wear, so I let her go out in her make-shift costume. I had to keep giving people advanced notice that she was Alice, not Cinderella. We had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures:

Diego


Alice (NOT Cinderella!!)

My Dad, Grandpa, Mom and kids




My little monkey

I let the kids eat all the candy they wanted while they were trick-0r-treating, then took the remainder and put it in the Prize Box. So far, that has worked better than last year's strategy of taking the candy and replacing it with a toy.

3 comments:

Jennifer Darger said...

I told my kids I would buy their candy from them...$5 each. And they haven't really asked for it since, but I also give it to them occasionally for good deeds. Speaking of, I should probably pay them...

Anonymous said...

OMG, I totally forgot to do that AND I don't have an excuse! lol

Cute cute cute!

Gracee wanted to be diego this year too, I'll have to post pics on my blog so you can see them...

Angie said...

I love the Cinderella/Alice thing. I can just imagine you prepping people before they had a chance to get it wrong and possibly unleash the storm. Gotta love Eliana.