The kids in our neighborhood are often at my house. Now that it's summer, they come begging for Otter Pops when their sugar highs wear off (they all know which families have otter pops in the freezer currently, and when the Popsicle-free households will be getting more).
Another major attraction at our house is the piano. Kids will come over and beg me to play "the Spinning Song" while they run around in circles. They also like "Chopsticks" and jump up and down while I play.
My Grandma Betty has entertained generations of children this way, so I asked her to show me some of the songs she plays for kids while she was here this past weekend. I have now added "the Pumpkin Song" and "the Chicken and the Giant" to my repertoire, and the kids LOVE the new songs. If I get brave, I'll post a video of the fun.
1 comment:
ah, being the neighborhood favorite...it's a blessing and a curse!
Post a Comment