Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Music

This week I wanted to write about my gratitude for music.  Music has been a part of my life since I can remember.  It calms me down when I am anxious or agitated, it gets me moving when I'm feeling lethargic, it helps me feel connected to other people and to the Divine.

I have really enjoyed singing with Lieto Voices for the past few years.  It has given me an opportunity to develop my vocal talents in a way I hadn't been able to before, since I was always more focused on flute and piano playing.

I have also enjoyed playing folk-ish music with a group of friends which has allowed me the opportunity to improvise on the flute, something I haven't done much of in the past, and jump into a genre of music I have often listened to, but seldom played.

I am glad that my children enjoy listening to and making music, and I am grateful that I get to pass on my love of music to my piano students.

No comments: