So I think it's fair to say that I have been neglecting this blog of late. Here are some reasons why. 1. This blog was started to keep in touch with family. I was much more motivated to update it when my brother lived out of state and my dad worked out of town a lot. But I need to keep in mind the 2 or 3 family members that actually check the blog that we don't see very often. 2. Eliana started a Mandarin Chinese immersion program this year. She has A LOT of homework. She does 1/2 the day in a classroom with a Chinese teacher, and 1/2 the day in a classroom with an English teacher. This is the first year her school is doing the program. I expected some issues. So far the only one we've encountered is the homework load. She gets the homework load of two really good, motivated teachers. I like that Eliana has to work hard, but it has cut into my blogging time. 3. I started teaching piano lessons in February. I now have 14 students and 5 more on a waiting list. I love teaching. I get to visit with the coolest kids and teach them something I love. But that also eats away at my blogging time. 4. I started keeping a paper journal again, because I wanted to record things that I didn't necessarily want to be public domain. It's a lot faster to jot down a few notes about what we did, or what funny things the kids said without having to worry about who's going to read it (did I spell everything right? Will I offend someone by my choices? Am I spending too much time bragging about my kids?) 5. I got called as a youth sunday school teacher a while back. I was released as the ward music chair/choir director, but I still teach relief society once a month, and play the piano in relief society weekly. Preparing a lesson each week takes time. Time that previously could have been spent blogging.
Anyway, I know that people much busier than I manage to maintain creative and entertaining blogs, but it's just not a huge priority for me. So here's my plan. I'd like to still post here, because I print my blog every year or so instead of scrapbooking. But I'm going to post mostly pictures with little explanation. You can just assume that our days are busy and full of joy and chaos and mess and experiments and triumphs and failures and laughter and tantrums. I'll give you specifics when I can.
1 comment:
Blogs have a purpose, one which is different for every person who keeps one. You are a very busy woman, and your talents and needs are being met elsewhere. Don't feel guilty about it--you are doing what you need to do. I really admire you for that (and I need to print my blog eventually!).
Post a Comment