Monday, October 22, 2012

A conversation with Elizabeth

This morning after I got back from my run, I heard Liz singing in her crib.  I went downstairs and got her out.  She said, "Wake up!" which she often does when she gets up.  She gave me a hug and noticed my hair was wet and said, "Mama shower?" "No," I replied, "it's sweat." "Mama sweaty?" she questioned.  "yep," I confirmed.  "I went running and now I'm sweaty."  She followed up with, "Mama run away--Aaaaaah!?" (meaning she thought I was running away from something scary) "No," I assured her, "I went running for fun; to be healthy.  I wasn't scared." Not quite convinced she asked, "Mama run away uh chicken Aaaaah!?" (I assumed she was referencing a preview she saw yesterday for the movie Chicken Little )  "No, I wasn't scared.  Just having fun."  "Oh." she said.  I'm not sure if she finally believed that I wasn't running away from anything, or if she was just done talking about it.  I guess when you're one it's hard to comprehend why anyone would run to the point of getting sweaty if you weren't running from anyone/thing!  I love that girl!

No comments: